Welcome Moreland Hills 5th Graders!

This blog is dedicated to sharing our thoughts about the books we read and love. All of the fifth grade students and teachers will be able to see the content and information posted. Keep in mind that there are some ground rules that we all need to follow.

This website will be a lot of fun. This is a great way to communicate with each other at all times. We will share thoughts on books, recommendations, and show are strong thinking as readers.

We look forward to having an engaging and fun time!

The 5th grade teachers

Blog Guidelines

1) This blog is for discussions about literacy and books.
2) All comments have to be approved by the teachers-make sure that what you are writing is appropriate for school.
3) Book recommendations, topics, discussion threads, and comments will be both teacher and student driven.
4) We all have our opinions on books-it is fine to disagree with an opinion or comment.
5) Disagreeing is different than disrespectful. Treat everyone and every comment with courtesy and respect.
6) Grading-students that write recommendations and give substantive comments will be able to use their blog entries as a replacement for a journal entry from that week.
7) Names-students will have the option to use their own name or post anonymously.
8) All discussion threads/topics/themes will be teacher monitored.
9) Students will post and comment on book recommendations for each other that they think highly enough of to share with the class.


Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Percy Jackson and the Olympians series

I have recently read the Percy Jackson and the Olympian series. The series has five books: Book one - The Lightning Thief; Book two - The Sea of Monsters ; Book three - The Titans Curse; and Book four - The Battle of The Labyrinth. The last book, my favorite, is The Last Olympian. All of thees books have a great plot and outstanding adventure. The main character is Percy Jackson he is a Demi-God along with is friends Grover and Annabeth. If you read this series I HIGHLY recommend that you read the books in order. Each book has great events that change the series. The series represents some of m favorite books . Percy finds out he's a demi-god in the first book and stays at a camp safe for demi-god (half bloods) the camp is called half blood camp. the camp is very important in the series. The evil gods and demi-gods are always going at it. Percy, Grover, and Annabeth are trustworthy in each other and are always ready for a great adventure. In the first book Percy finds out who is father (god) is. Then has to go on an amazingly important "quest". In the begging of the series Percy gets his first Greek rig. He got a pen and when you take the cap off it becomes a sword that he can never lose. I think this is an amazing series and would recommend it to anyone who likes a good and long series. Each book has around 250-390 pages. They are great for response journals, but do take a little while to read. My finale thoughts: This is going in my mind as the greatest series since the well loved Harry Potter. I hope you get a chance to either check the books out from the school library or the Public library that I believe are available most of the time at the Public library and sometimes in the school library. Thank you for reading and enjoy reading books.
Cookie Monster 777

11 comments:

Blueshoe said...

I love that series!! I think people should really read it. My favorite is the last one! that's the one I've only read once, al the others I've read twice. Nice nickname btw, and I know you've been dying for a comment....

legodude!! said...

Those are excellent books!I have read all of them and they are all really good.I liked the 4th one and the 5th one the most.If you are reading this and you have not read the Percy Jackson series,go to the bookstore or library once you have a chance and read them!!!!

Thing1 said...

The Percy Jackson series seems like
an amazing book.I'd love to read the book.I can't wait to go to the
library so I can get the book.
Thanks for the recomendation.
From:Thing1

Pichu9000 said...

I think that the Percy Jackson and the olympians series is the best series EVER!!!!!!!!!!! EVERYONE SHOULD READ IT!



Pichu9000

legodude!! said...

I think Rick Riordan will write a completely new series late 2010 that is kinda like Percy Jackson but with new characters. It will be based on Egyption mythology and history instead Greek

Anonymous said...

i saw the movie it was great my favirote chracter was the donkey boy he was funny i was laughing at every part he had.I was going to read it but i had another book in mind but i think i might read it after i get done with the book i already have.

From:dribble girl

jls98 said...

I'm only on the first book but I love it already!!!

Infernape9010 said...

GO PERCY JACKSON!!!!!!!!! ALL HAIL PERCY JACKSON BOOKS!!!!

Jarett said...

I agree, one of the BEST books I've ever read!

ghan said...

THIS IS THE BEST BOOKS EVER!!!!!!!!!!!

the book reader said...

I love the first book! I HAVE to get the 2nd book! You will love the first book and you will definetly want to keep reading!!!