Welcome Moreland Hills 5th Graders!

This blog is dedicated to sharing our thoughts about the books we read and love. All of the fifth grade students and teachers will be able to see the content and information posted. Keep in mind that there are some ground rules that we all need to follow.

This website will be a lot of fun. This is a great way to communicate with each other at all times. We will share thoughts on books, recommendations, and show are strong thinking as readers.

We look forward to having an engaging and fun time!

The 5th grade teachers

Blog Guidelines

1) This blog is for discussions about literacy and books.
2) All comments have to be approved by the teachers-make sure that what you are writing is appropriate for school.
3) Book recommendations, topics, discussion threads, and comments will be both teacher and student driven.
4) We all have our opinions on books-it is fine to disagree with an opinion or comment.
5) Disagreeing is different than disrespectful. Treat everyone and every comment with courtesy and respect.
6) Grading-students that write recommendations and give substantive comments will be able to use their blog entries as a replacement for a journal entry from that week.
7) Names-students will have the option to use their own name or post anonymously.
8) All discussion threads/topics/themes will be teacher monitored.
9) Students will post and comment on book recommendations for each other that they think highly enough of to share with the class.


Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Ghost Next Door

If your looking for a mystery book that will give you the spooks I no a great one for you!!!!!! The Ghost Next Door is a mystery book about two kids named Danny and Hannah. Danny is an 11 year old boy who just moved next door to a girl named Hannah who is the same age. Hannah has no clue that someone moved next door to her and she starts having weird thoughts that Danny is ghost. When she is around him something weird always happens, and Hannah is begs herself to ask if he is a ghost. Danny has two friends and they are always up to no good whether its stealing or lighting something on fire. Meanwhile there is a ghost that keeps telling Hannah to stay away from Danny. The ghost pops up in her dream and whenever she is alone at night. Its as dark as the night and its eyes are as red as ripe cherries. Danny and his friends accidentally light a house on fire and Danny gets stuck in the house!! I will say no more, read the book and the ending will leave goosebumps on your arms. Tell me if you liked it and if you would recommend it to anyone!!!!
Recommendation by: Kammy 22

12 comments:

Dude77E said...

Sounds like an interesting book. I am one who enjoys a good goosebumps book and any book that will somewhat scare me. Nice summary, and I will make sure to look for The Ghost Next Door the next time I visit the book store!

CaptainAwesome said...

Sounds really entertaining. I will have to look for it at the bookstore or library when I get a chance.

browns36 said...

I'll have to try it! What level is it?

bloomable1 said...

Sounds like a great mystery! I liked how you explained
it and didn't give away the end! Maybe I will read it soon!

Blueshoe said...

sounds pretty good... I never really liked goosebumps, but I'll give it a shot

legodude!! said...

I liked the book.I read it a long time ago and I have seen the movie.The movie was OK but not really scary.

soccerlover11 said...

Sounds like a good book. I will have to try it. I love mysteries and that sounds like a great book for me.

32sing said...

That sounds like a GREAT book!!! I am definitely going to have to try out the book for sure!It seems like you picked out a great book. I love a good book that you can't stop reading and that definitely would not put down that book. Guess who's taking a trip to the books store next week..... 32sing!

Unknown said...

sounds really good! I'll defenetly will read it!

Unknown said...

sounds really good! I also love your summery!

infernape9010 said...

The book kinda sounds like the show Danny Phantom because the kids name is Danny and he is a ghost

rokstar 101 said...

Souds like a scary book can't wait to read it